Wednesday, September 22, 2010

iPhone Backup Extractor

I have been through a complete nightmare with the iphone since iOS4 came out and I updated my 3G phone. I just wanted to post this real quick to help out others in a bind with apple's great itunes product.

I lost everything on my phone after I downgraded my phone back to iOS3 from iOS4. Along the line I actual had a Samsung Captivate for a week but returned it (thats another story but bottom line is Droid is not ready for me yet, maybe when 3.0 hits). So between work and home and changing computers I was left with a clean install of iOS3.1.3 on my phone after the downgrade and none of my files. If you want to downgrade your phone this is what I did.

I got my contacts (from google contacts) and apps back but was missing all my pictures. I didn't have any music. I found a backup somewhere on an older computer from before and found the backup files.
Windows 7 - C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Now because apple is so awesome you will never know how to restore a backup from another computer or do anything else with it unless you get this program. iPhone Backup Extractor

It will let you access anything from the backup.

At last my phone is back with everything from before.
Some people say they have not had any problems with iOS4 but on my 3G it was so slow I just couldn't take it anymore. Hopefully Droid gets their email fixed so I can ditch apple for good. I don't like how they do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment